How hot can it get?
It is hot. Really hot. Not just for one day. No, for like a week now. Right now it is 103 degrees out. There is a heat index and it says that it really feels like 106 out.
We have been under a extreme heat watch since last week. It went up to 114 heat index last week. Guess who was out in it all day long? Frank. He had to work 16 hour days, pretty much all week. He was exhausted. Thank goodness they gave them a 4 day this past weekend.
It looks so beautiful outside and then you open the door, and POW, you get hit with this intense heat. You immediately start sweating and want to go back in your house. But no, you have to go in the "sauna car" and pray that the air conditioner in there cools it down faster then normal. Except when you have a huge van that is just crazy to think that.
So does it look like it will cool down? Not this week. High temperatures all week long. We go out in the evening around 6 o'clock and it is down to a 90 degrees. Isn't that nice?
I cannot wait until fall.
So we have started our new Sonlight curriculum. It is a wonderful program. The first week (which was last week) was hard and frustrating. Plus being sick did not help one bit. This week though it seems easier and not as rushed and smooth.
I went on the help forum of Sonlight and reading the questions and answers on how other homeschoolers do it all helped a lot! I did not feel alone and was able to adjust my thinking about it all.
Homeschooling is really about seeing how your child learns and teaching the way that is best for them. Lily clearly learns best by reading. She soaks it all in like a sponge. Daisy... I think learns best by doing. She likes my reading. Just not all the time. Not about things like history or space. She does like the science experiments though. We all do.
So 1 week down 35 more to go!
I am so jealous of my sister right now. She is going home to Washington to stay with mom and dad. I miss home. So does Frank.
Frank was complaining and saying how he can't wait for winter and how he hates summers.
I said, "What about in Washington, it has nice summers, not to hot, sometimes a little chilly but it is nice there."
He agreed. Which made me happy. I want to go home! God will send us when it is time though.
All in God's timing.
We have been under a extreme heat watch since last week. It went up to 114 heat index last week. Guess who was out in it all day long? Frank. He had to work 16 hour days, pretty much all week. He was exhausted. Thank goodness they gave them a 4 day this past weekend.
It looks so beautiful outside and then you open the door, and POW, you get hit with this intense heat. You immediately start sweating and want to go back in your house. But no, you have to go in the "sauna car" and pray that the air conditioner in there cools it down faster then normal. Except when you have a huge van that is just crazy to think that.
So does it look like it will cool down? Not this week. High temperatures all week long. We go out in the evening around 6 o'clock and it is down to a 90 degrees. Isn't that nice?
I cannot wait until fall.
So we have started our new Sonlight curriculum. It is a wonderful program. The first week (which was last week) was hard and frustrating. Plus being sick did not help one bit. This week though it seems easier and not as rushed and smooth.
I went on the help forum of Sonlight and reading the questions and answers on how other homeschoolers do it all helped a lot! I did not feel alone and was able to adjust my thinking about it all.
Homeschooling is really about seeing how your child learns and teaching the way that is best for them. Lily clearly learns best by reading. She soaks it all in like a sponge. Daisy... I think learns best by doing. She likes my reading. Just not all the time. Not about things like history or space. She does like the science experiments though. We all do.
So 1 week down 35 more to go!
I am so jealous of my sister right now. She is going home to Washington to stay with mom and dad. I miss home. So does Frank.
Frank was complaining and saying how he can't wait for winter and how he hates summers.
I said, "What about in Washington, it has nice summers, not to hot, sometimes a little chilly but it is nice there."
He agreed. Which made me happy. I want to go home! God will send us when it is time though.
All in God's timing.

2 Comments:
We want you here too!!
The weather person says that it might be cooling down a bit by this coming weekend for you.
We are going to pick up Laura & Jack in about 10 minutes - and are excited to get them back to the NW. One day you will be back too --- All in God's good timing is right! xoxo MOM
Hi Kids , sorry to hear about your heat wave. ah cool washington weather sounds nice about now, I don't envy you at all, Wendy is having a heat wave too. You all need to come home. it's lonly without our "girls" we think of you often. keep up the blog i enjoy reading about your adventures with the girls.love Aunt Pattie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home