True meaning of Christmas
Ok sorry mom I havent posted any pics of the Nutcracker yet. I just am never on that computer lol.
Well I want to talk about the meaning of Christmas. I have learned alot with the girls by reading alot of books , the bible, and going to church. The first people that put lights up were candles in their windows. They came from places like Ireland. Some how it revolved to stringing lights all over your house and yard. It was to represent to light the way for the Lord to come to your house. Like the star that led the wise men to Bethleham. The tree's and wreaths represent how Jesus and God are never changing. They are constant. Like an Ever green tree is always green. The star on top represents the star to bethleham also. I tell the girls that giving gifts to one another represents how Jesus gave us the ultimate gift of Himself. So the least we can do on His birthday is to give gifts to others.
There are so many people out there that do not believe in Jesus, yet they celebrate CHRISTmas. I dont get that. Do they just want presents? If that is the case maybe they should make up their own holiday and embrace the fact that they dont believe in HIM. Instead of pretending. Christmas has been made into this buying frenzy and gift giving thing. But it is what you make of it. I try not to let that come into myself or my home. It does a little bit. But God helps me keep it real. Especially with the girls.
They opened presents and Daisy opened a gift that had a Tinkerbell cup and shirt from Nana. Lily opened the sweater and shoes from Nana. 2 years ago Lily would of said "I didnt ask for this!!!" (she really did that). This time she was like "oh nice" Kind of looked longingly at Daisy's. So I handed her the one like Daisy opened and then she said "oh yea i got an ariel one!" The girls did so well this year with not wanting what the other one had gotten. Saying stuff like I wanted one of those. They were so happy with what they got and shared with each other so nicely (most of the time). I was praising the Lord. It is so frustrating when they say stuff well i wanted one of those too. Before Christmas mom told me to start telling them that they were going to get different presents. So I did. That helped and also telling them about kids who dont get that much also.
Ok so i am sure i have pissed some people off. But i am proud to be a Believer in Jesus and it makes me irritated of those who pretend to. So pick. Either Believe or not. It isnt that hard. Just Pray, ask God am i a chosen one of yours? Will You take care of me? Will You help me throught the real bad times even though it seems You are not there? Will You be with me when i am happy and rejoicing and haveing a great time? Are You constant? I have found these answers for myself and they are all a big loud YES!!!!!! Everyone needs to find their answer. But get ready for everything takes time. It could come all at once or it could be drawn out over periods of time. That is God's decision regarding you and Him. Everyone has a different relationship with Him. Just like all kids have different relationships with their parents, not one of His children have the same. And that is beautiful. He is living if each one of us can have a different of a relationship with Him.
Well I want to talk about the meaning of Christmas. I have learned alot with the girls by reading alot of books , the bible, and going to church. The first people that put lights up were candles in their windows. They came from places like Ireland. Some how it revolved to stringing lights all over your house and yard. It was to represent to light the way for the Lord to come to your house. Like the star that led the wise men to Bethleham. The tree's and wreaths represent how Jesus and God are never changing. They are constant. Like an Ever green tree is always green. The star on top represents the star to bethleham also. I tell the girls that giving gifts to one another represents how Jesus gave us the ultimate gift of Himself. So the least we can do on His birthday is to give gifts to others.
There are so many people out there that do not believe in Jesus, yet they celebrate CHRISTmas. I dont get that. Do they just want presents? If that is the case maybe they should make up their own holiday and embrace the fact that they dont believe in HIM. Instead of pretending. Christmas has been made into this buying frenzy and gift giving thing. But it is what you make of it. I try not to let that come into myself or my home. It does a little bit. But God helps me keep it real. Especially with the girls.
They opened presents and Daisy opened a gift that had a Tinkerbell cup and shirt from Nana. Lily opened the sweater and shoes from Nana. 2 years ago Lily would of said "I didnt ask for this!!!" (she really did that). This time she was like "oh nice" Kind of looked longingly at Daisy's. So I handed her the one like Daisy opened and then she said "oh yea i got an ariel one!" The girls did so well this year with not wanting what the other one had gotten. Saying stuff like I wanted one of those. They were so happy with what they got and shared with each other so nicely (most of the time). I was praising the Lord. It is so frustrating when they say stuff well i wanted one of those too. Before Christmas mom told me to start telling them that they were going to get different presents. So I did. That helped and also telling them about kids who dont get that much also.
Ok so i am sure i have pissed some people off. But i am proud to be a Believer in Jesus and it makes me irritated of those who pretend to. So pick. Either Believe or not. It isnt that hard. Just Pray, ask God am i a chosen one of yours? Will You take care of me? Will You help me throught the real bad times even though it seems You are not there? Will You be with me when i am happy and rejoicing and haveing a great time? Are You constant? I have found these answers for myself and they are all a big loud YES!!!!!! Everyone needs to find their answer. But get ready for everything takes time. It could come all at once or it could be drawn out over periods of time. That is God's decision regarding you and Him. Everyone has a different relationship with Him. Just like all kids have different relationships with their parents, not one of His children have the same. And that is beautiful. He is living if each one of us can have a different of a relationship with Him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home