Faith centered Army family

As we travel through our lives "the army way" we want to share it with our family and friends. All our ups and downs and tribulations. With the army nothing is ever certain, but we know with God all things are. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Friday, July 27, 2007

Peace

Ahhh..... I feel peaceful Praise the Lord!! Things have been moving right along. I bought the Sonlight curriculum and got it together. At first I was overwhelmed with all of it. But after looking through it and understanding it more and more I cant wait to start. I have to keep telling the girls, "no we can't read those books yet". It is basically a reading curriculum. Which we already do alot of so it makes sense to do this one.

One book I have started to read to them is
Right Choices by Kenneth N Taylor. We do it as our morning bible story together. They love it. They always want me to read more. It opens with such a great saying, there are wrongs and rights and nothing in between. Which I love that this book teaches that.


Well I have some great news!! Frank was accepted as a Warrant Officer! He turned in his packet at the beginning of July. Supposedly he missed the cutoff to be looked at for the July board. Well Praise the Lord they looked at his packet and they accepted him. It was amazing. Hopefully we will find out when his school is and how long it will take in the next month or 2. Also find out where we will be stationed. We are so excited. I just pray that he will like this job. He has been so busy with his job this past year. I know he is ready for anything. I can feel God is in this!

Lily has been doing very well lately. She has found a love for the violin, that I hoped that she would. I just want them to love music. Her teacher says that she is moving along so well and quickly. She likes to challenge herself all the time and tries to go ahead. I make sure that she practices her homework page, before she has free play.
Yesterday was her lesson. Lily told me her teacher said that it was almost time to start using her bow. Then Lily showed me the funny face she made, when the teacher told her that. One that was half surprised and half happy. So the teacher said maybe your not ready yet to do the bow and we will just pluck this one. Now even before her class Lily wanted to know when she would start using her bow. I said "don't rush it probably the end of August, but your teacher will know when you should start OK?" So that would explain the weird face and shock. I then told her, well if your teacher thinks you're ready, you are. She knows best. She seemed more at ease after that.
Lily is also loving Little house on the Prairie books again. She tries to read the books, but I think she skips alot of it. So I saw that they had them on tape at the library so I have been getting those for her. She loves them. She even learned how to change the tape by herself. Next one is Matilda. She is looking forward to that book as well.

Daisy is full of ups and downs like usual. Cranky but that is because i am trying to find the perfect bed time. I think i did. But today is just the first day. They wake up at 7am like clock work and usually fall asleep by 9pm. If she takes a nap then she wont fall asleep til after 9:30-10pm, but she will still wake up at 7am. So then she is really cranky. When she takes a 10-20 min nap she is better. It takes about an hour of crankiness after her nap, then she is in a good mood. So far today she has only cried twice and has been getting along with everyone.
Which is really good for her.
Daisy wants to take piano lessons. She asks every now and then. " When am I going to get my big piano"? (We have a keyboard but she wants a real piano.) I tell her not til she is 6. That is when she can start taking lessons and when we move, because there is no way a piano can fit in the house we have now.
We listen to alot of Praise and worship music. So much so that they both know most of the songs. Every now and then I will see Daisy lift her hands up and sing a verse. It is so cute and warms my heart.

This next week i am getting ready to get serious with Daisy reading. Lily will be at Vacation bible school for the morning so that will let me do some real one on one time with Daisy. Which i am excited for. She is used to making her own stories and adding her own words to things so it should be interesting how this will work but i think she will do well.

I am doing well. Trusting in God and being peaceful with all of the things going on or not going on. Yes we are still waiting on things but all will come out. Frank is doing good too. He is working his butt off in this 90-100 degree weather. Some times working 18-20 hour days. But not in a row Praise the Lord. The Army isn't that mean. Working 6 days a week for a year now gets tiring and now he has to do it for another year unless his school date comes before that. There is one guy we know that went for CWO had to wait a whole year before his class date. It is in all God's timing. Whenever and whatever He wants we will follow and obey.

Sorry this is another long post. I just wait to long to post things.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart.... proverbs 3:5-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home