Faith centered Army family

As we travel through our lives "the army way" we want to share it with our family and friends. All our ups and downs and tribulations. With the army nothing is ever certain, but we know with God all things are. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

philippino pride and polish and welsh....

Ok it is really late. 1am. I am tired... but these kitties that i love so much will not go to sleep. So i decided to be up and make sure they dont wake the girls or Frank up because that would not be fun either. At least this way i can spray them if they get into mischief. I cannot do that to my family if they make me mad. But it would be funny. LOL

So if i tend not to make sence i am sorry. I am tired.

So ... the girls get tan... fast and brown. So i called them Pinay's which means Philippino girl. They liked that. (I have been trying to teach them things about the Philippines and are other stuff.) They asked me why i dont get tan? LOL. I said cause i am white. I have Polish and Welsh and other stuff from Europe. So i cant get tan like you girls who are part Philippino like your Daddy and Grandma. But you are also Polish and Welsh too. Then they said. I like being Philippino like Daddy and getting tan. It was really cute. I want the girls to be proud of who they are and what their back ground is. And so far so good!!

K i am changing the subject again... which i am good at doing

So I have been thinking about having a baby now for almost a year. My mom told me give it a year before you decide. Good advice. I have prayed and prayed. But still confused. I have resolved not to think about it any more and give it to God. He knows what is best and i have been just driving my self crazy thinking about it. It used to be i would not go a single day with out thinking about having a baby. But now that i have let Him have my burden, and i still have to give it to Him everyday, I feel better and i dont think about it as much. Praise the Lord.

Mom thinks that i want a baby because i need a change or because my girls are growing up and do not need me as much any more. She is right on both those things. I just dont know what this is in me that wants one. It comes and goes in waves now. I think about all the stuff the girls and i do now and how hard it will be to do that with a new baby and all that other kind of worldly stuff. Like money and sleepless nights, gaining weight (especially when i am happy with my weight) ect....
But then i think of having a big family and the girls helping and a new baby around. I told Frank that if we have a 3rd then i would want a 4th. He isnt down for that but i just dont want to have a baby and thats it i want it to have a sibling closer to age and have a nice number of kids. But it is ok. God isnt ready to give me an answer yet and that is ok cause i would like to wait til August. Which by the way would be a year exactly.

The 4th is almost here and i always miss home. I love the 4th of July's. Especially at home. Here they have a big thing in the small city that we live next to. It lasts for 5 days i think and has firework display which was really nice last year. We will go again but it isnt the same. On post you cannot have firworks at all. Understandable with all the amunition around and crazy kids. So we will suffer a hot day and go tour the sights and watch the fireworks. But i miss home.

OH i almost for got in my tiredness that Daisy had her hair cut again. It is up to her chin. I talked to her because she always gets knots in her hair and she hates me to brush her hair. so i said that if we cut it short there would be less knots and easier to brush. She was for that So i kept telling her that i would call to make an appointment that was Monday. So Tuesday moring she kept bugging me. Am i going to get my hair cut today. Did you call them? So i did and they had an opening so i took it. I forgot that i was supposed to meet my friend with her kids at the pool so i called and canceled with her. I felt bad but Daisy really wanted to get it done and if we didnt i would never here the end of it til it was done. I asked Lily if she wanted to. She said no i am growing my bangs out and i dont want to cut it. So we get to the salon and Daisy is serious and quiet and very still. She has a look like she isnt happy. I know it is just because she is overwhelmed and not comfortable. I ask Lily again if she wants to cut her hair. "No" . K that was my last time. As soon as Daisy got off the chair and out the door she had a big smile. So i knew for sure she was happy and so was I. She wanted to show Daddy but that was one of his late nights. But he did get to see it cause he came home right as i was putting them to bed. So that was really good.


As the girls get older they are getting more of the feminine attitude that we love so much. I have had to put it in check so many times it isnt funny. I took away all their toys the other day. Just because if they are going to act disrespectful to me then they cant have the things they want. Funny thing was they didnt seem to care. They did start to care however when i started to spank them. Which i havent done in a while.I know not every one believes in spanking but with love and control it works. Lily is turning around and not been rude and disrespectful. Daisy it always takes a little more time with her. But i always try to use spanking as a last resort. But it works. I take them over my knee and spank them, then talk to them and sometimes pray with them and tell them i love them. I also told them that i was responsible for how i raise you and ultimately i have to answer to God and so will they. But they are doing better. I just thank my God that He has given me patience to do it.

It is now 130 am and these cats are still at it. Running and chasing. How do you get cats to be on your schedual? I tried locking them up with a baby gate and they just learned to climb that. So then i tryed locking them up in my laundry/dog/cat room. But i could hear them from upstairs. So that is why i am down here typing so long and stuff.
But i am going. Praise the Lord for all that He does in our lives!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kingston's said...

Can you post pictures of Daisy's new haircut?

If I started having babies in my 20s I'd want more. I think it's natural. In fact, it's the MOST natural biological urge- to procreate. I know I want another; I think I've forgotten how hard those long nights are though...

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home