I have been doing bible study with a group call P.W.O.C. (protestant women of the chapel). Which is great. I am studying the book of proverbs. I found this awesome verse that I need to apply to my life all the time. It is more like a prayer.
Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I request of You (do not refuse me before i die): Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches- But give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or i may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.
Isnt that good. I have been trying to read and say it at least once a day. I just want my daily bread. Nothing more. Just give me what i need and i will be happy. Do i want things? Of course but i dont look at the things i dont have (most of the time any ways... i am human too). I also want falsehood and lies far from me. I am so gulible that i believe stuff or i get overwhelmed with people and things i just dont comprehend stuff. With this prayer i believe God will help me.
I am also trying to teach this to the girls. Especially since Christmas is comeing up and they have the case of the I wants. More so Lily then Daisy. But that is just Lily. I tell her It is ok to want things but you dont always get everything that you want. So far i have gotten them 2 presents each. Frank and I have decided to only buy them about 3 presents each. They have tons of toys already and i dont want to have it Christmas be all about presents. I want it to be about family. And of course Jesus. So i am buying them a present each one per month. Helps with budgeting too. So we wont be totally broke in December.
God has done great on providing us with our daily bread. Frank staying here and not going to Iraq and having plenty of food a nice house (cramped but nice lol) cars to get us around. Cold sunny weather to enjoy... so many things that he gives yet we take for granted. I am trying not to do that anymore. So the girls and i say these simple yet neccessary things and thank Him for them. With out Him we wouldnt be and have what we have. Praise the Lord!!!
Proverbs 30:7-9
Two things I request of You (do not refuse me before i die): Remove falsehood and lies far from me; Give me neither poverty nor riches- But give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or i may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.
Isnt that good. I have been trying to read and say it at least once a day. I just want my daily bread. Nothing more. Just give me what i need and i will be happy. Do i want things? Of course but i dont look at the things i dont have (most of the time any ways... i am human too). I also want falsehood and lies far from me. I am so gulible that i believe stuff or i get overwhelmed with people and things i just dont comprehend stuff. With this prayer i believe God will help me.
I am also trying to teach this to the girls. Especially since Christmas is comeing up and they have the case of the I wants. More so Lily then Daisy. But that is just Lily. I tell her It is ok to want things but you dont always get everything that you want. So far i have gotten them 2 presents each. Frank and I have decided to only buy them about 3 presents each. They have tons of toys already and i dont want to have it Christmas be all about presents. I want it to be about family. And of course Jesus. So i am buying them a present each one per month. Helps with budgeting too. So we wont be totally broke in December.
God has done great on providing us with our daily bread. Frank staying here and not going to Iraq and having plenty of food a nice house (cramped but nice lol) cars to get us around. Cold sunny weather to enjoy... so many things that he gives yet we take for granted. I am trying not to do that anymore. So the girls and i say these simple yet neccessary things and thank Him for them. With out Him we wouldnt be and have what we have. Praise the Lord!!!

1 Comments:
That is a wonderful scripture. What else could one ask for.. In the world the more we get.. the more we want and it is a bottomless pit! (been there done that!) Dad and I pray every night before dinner for all of our children and grandchildren and a special request that Frankie doesn't have to go back to Iraq!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home