Faith centered Army family

As we travel through our lives "the army way" we want to share it with our family and friends. All our ups and downs and tribulations. With the army nothing is ever certain, but we know with God all things are. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ahhhhhhhhh

Sorry sometimes i just feel like screaming. Both girls are sick, Frank hurt his back yesterday and is laid up in bed. Conviently on his nights arrrr. I know it isnt his fault but it is a little frustrating.

This week i have started getting up early... like 5:30 am early just so i can have some time alone with God with no disruptions. Well... i get 15 mins and who wakes up? You guessed it Daisy. She feels me gone. I dont know. I spent time reading the bible any way. It helped my day. I was very on top of things and didnt loose it and felt good. But oh so tired. Especially when i had to put the girls to bed and Daisy didnt fall asleep til 930pm. Missed Grey's Anatomy. Oh well i taped it. Today i got up at 620am. Daisy was in my bed because she kept calling me every 5 minutes cause she couldnt breathe and i was just too tired to deal with that. So she woke up at 645am. I got a few by myself better then nothing.

Around 845am when Frank hasnt come home yet i got a little worried. He forgot to take his cell phone. ARrRRR!! I called my friend and she said that her husband told her that Frank went to sick call. Thank goodness. I am glad he did. He was supposed to play football this morning but his back hurt to bad he went to get it check. He has a muscle spasm or something like that. They gave him muscle relaxers and pain meds and bed rest. Yea another sicky to take care of.

Me and the girls had fun this morning tho. I decided to stay home to wait for Frank instead of going to the library. So we made this dough that you make into shapes and cook it. I think my mom did it with us before but i dont really remember. So we did that. Lily made a mt. st. helens and spelled Jesus with a cross on the end and a snowwoman all by herself pretty much. I helped Daisy make a snowman and a snake and lots of cookie cutter shapes. Then we cooked them. The volcano took the longest. Like an hour and half. So while i was cooking them, i was making lunch for frank first so he can take his meds and the girls werent hungry yet so... they were playing. At first they did good. But then Lily starts scaring Daisy. So i said do that again and i will take it away. (a play fork). She did it again. She has been doing this all morning. I tell her not to do something and a second later she does it. So i said do something that i tell you not to again and i will take all your animals out of your bed. Well she did it again. So i took them all out. She started to cry and say not my kitty. So i said fine your kitty can stay but if you disobey me again she is out. Well she did it again so she had quiet time with out her animals or any toys. After that she has been pretty good.

Now Daisy fell a sleep at quiet time. Because she wanted me outside her room durning that time. ( ahhhhh !)That is fine cuz she is sick and not getting enough sleep. ( that is what i think anyway). So she woke up at 250. Slept 1 1/2 hours. We still needed to go to the library and get Raja her insulin. So after she got decrankdified by watching clifford and a peanutbutter snack we left. I dislike going out after school is out. All the teenagers or teenyboppers or what ever were everywhere. At the library we got some really good books and the girls have started to like veggie tales shows so we got those too. Lily loves the story about Ester in the bible and they had a veggie movie about her. She was happy. We go to check out and the stupid computers are down and have been so for 6 days. So she had to hand write them all in. I was fine but oh my goodness... maybe they should shut down the library? I check out lots of books on our weekly visit. I felt bad.

So after that we went to Walmart. Everyones favorite place here in the south. Got medicine and paints so we can paint their creations. Got all that done. Frank suggested that i go get mcdonalds for dinner to make it easy on me. No problem here, kind of. I hate mcd's so i didnt get anything for my self. I made a salad when we got home and we watched ester. It was so cute and lily loved it. For once lily did not talk durning the movie but daisy did. They inherited that from me frank told me. Cuz i guess i do it to him. After that we got pj's on and brushed teeth and did their chart. Then we went down to paint their beautiful creations. Well 2 each of them. They made a lot. Lily painted her volcano (helens) and Jesus sign. Daisy her snowman and icecream cone. I had to glue the snowmans head on and the word Jesus to the cross cuz they both fell off. (got that at walmart too :)). Then off to bed. sort of

First they needed to pick out their books for bed and 2 were missing so i had to try to find them then we read 2 stories (short). Prayed with each of them. Lily first cuz daisy is the one who has lots of questions and stuff. Lily just goes right to reading her books. I am lucky if i get a "God and Jesus loves you too" anymore. Daisy " wheres fresh cold water?" Where's my bear? i have to go poop". Frustration mounts up. We have a confrontation. The where is my bear did it in for me. Me, "Daisy it is bed time not time to look for your bear" ( i go find it anyway) "The bear stays down here now stop crying cuz your fine and read your books and go to sleep. Call or talk to me again and i am leaving the hallway. Understand?" "yes mommy" "Goodnite" kiss kiss.

So I put got them in bed by 730. that means in bed. Not sleeping. And Lily fell asleep first for once and Daisy is now asleep. As you see i am in the hallway typing this. It is 848pm. I am tired and looking forward to time by my self. I gave them some nose med and it seems to be helping. Praise the Lord.

So here is one look into my day as a Parent of Emotional High spririted Children. I think i fall into this catagory as a grown up cuz i see my self in them alot. (grimaces).

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

What was that movie that said there's a special heaven just for children (I think it was "Fried Green Tomotoes")? Well, I think there's a special heaven for moms - one with a spa and massage therapist available 24/7.

Here's to the little good changes..

Cheers!
Love, Laura

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home