Faith centered Army family

As we travel through our lives "the army way" we want to share it with our family and friends. All our ups and downs and tribulations. With the army nothing is ever certain, but we know with God all things are. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Spring? Where?

I am just so bad at keeping this up! I am sorry.

Well it is supposed to be almost spring right? We were haveing beautiful weather at the end of February and beginning of March. But now... well we are supposed to get snow on the first day of spring. What is that all about?

I am so tired of winter. I am sick of the cold windy weather. I am longing for spring. The surprize thundershowers, the warm weather, being able to stay outside all day long. Sitting on the porch watching the storms roll in and roll away. I love that.

When we first moved here and Lily was a baby i would long for rain so when we had a thunder shower i would sit on my porch stick my legs out in the rain and just enjoy it. It was warm when this happened so it made it more fun. A little dangerous i know, but i loved it still.

One good thing is that the birds are here. So i wake up to birds singing and it is so wonderful. I love the sound of them chirping so happily. I imagine that they are saying Thank you to the Lord for all that He gives to them.

I would love to plant things to. But i hear this little voice in my head say "no dont, your leaving." But who knows. It could be only wishful thinking. I feel like our time here is done. I wouldnt mind staying just because everything is familiar and we know our way around and it is our home for the last almost 5 years. But right now there is no connection with anything. No friends, Frank does not know what is going on with his work. So we are taking it day by day as we should. Enjoying all the time we get to spend together as a family. I am very thankful to God for that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Like you, we don't plant much- or do anything that means we'll be in the same place very long. But, maybe we should plant flowers in flower boxes, so we can enjoy spring, but take the boxes with us if/when we move.

The birds are singing in Boston, too. And, they, like you and me, are ready for spring :)

-Laura

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You girls are Great -- I love your loving the birds and wanting to plant stuff for spring!- I just logged on to say the same thing about plantings, as I see Laura has commented about! -- to plant boxes so you can move them with you. Take the spring and summer with you wherever/whenever you go!
xoxo MOM

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home