Faith centered Army family

As we travel through our lives "the army way" we want to share it with our family and friends. All our ups and downs and tribulations. With the army nothing is ever certain, but we know with God all things are. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

Friday, June 02, 2006

So here are a couple of stories i wish to share...

Today during "quiet time" Daisy said she had to go poop. So she is in there doing her business and gets done and calls me. So i help wipe her and she likes to look to see what her poop looks like. (like i believe alot of us do lol). So she looks in there and she exclaims " It looks like a carrrot"! I look in and yes the shape is alot like that of a carrot that Rabbit would have on winnie the pooh. So of course she insists on watching it swirl down into the potty never to return and then she is finally done and ready to go back to her bed for 'quiet time".

Now i put it in quotation marks because it sometimes is not quiet time. Mostly i need the quiet time to regroup and refresh and get the Word of God in me. I get it in the morning afternoon and sometimes at night and i am good. If i dont i get bitchy. Anyways... I sneak downstairs to clean and talk to my friend while they are in their beds playing/reading/talking. I hear them getting louder and louder and just think oh they are having fun. So eventually they come down and Daisy is wide eye. Saying wow there was a thunder storm. I say yes honey we are having a thunderstorm huh? Lily comes over and says " mom you have to come upstairs something terrible has happened" I ask what is so terrible? She says you have to come up.

So we go upstairs. What do i find? Lily says " We had a rain storm". There is water all in between there beds from the water bottles that they had that were once full and now i see that are empty. I could not believe it i was so mad and made them clean up as best as they could and told them no water at bed tonight and no snack. Sounds severe i know i know... but they know better and i have enough to clean up around here and to do. But they didnt fight the punishment or anything. It wasnt funny then but it is today.

So i have been enforcing not to be calling each other names by putting soap in there mouth when they do. They come up with some of there own and you know that it is not nice. Like beebo and others i cant remember now cause they are doing so well. Tonight Daisy was irritating Lily by putting toys in her play box that she did not wanted. NOw i discussed with them before that if they get frustrated with each other call them something nice. Use nice names like princess. ( my mom use to call us her treasures when we were acting up, and i think still does when i am being bitchy. Always made me smile.) I did not think that it would work til tonight. LIly got really frustrated with daisy and shouted " YOu banana split"! It was so funny. I could not believe that she actually called her that. I was happy that she actually listened to some of my advice though.

So there are my stories of what happens in the last few days that make me laugh. Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home