neighborhoods the other family
So lately i have been keeping the girls up late. They dont fall asleep til 10 pm now. We are out playing with the other neighborhood kids. The parents stand or sit around and talk and the kids have fun. Til we need to break in and defuse a little fight. But usually it is all good.
I have always been wary of neighborhood cliques and also in school i was the same way. But I have also wanted to be involve in them also. More so now lately since i miss family get togethers and realize more now in my age (hahaha) how important it is to have a family of some sort or other. The girls love their new friends. Payton, Bella, Becky and sometimes a couple of other kids. The parent are great. They are nice and open their homes and yards up for the kids to play. Share all their food. And pretty much easy to talk to.
Now i get wary cause i am not used to having kids comeing over all the time and i am someone who very much likes my own space. Frank is the same way. Like i feel wierd just going over to their yards when we see them out playing but the girls want to go see them. So i always ask is it ok if we come here and play? They are always welcoming and it is just great. I ask myself why am i not like this? But i have always been more shy and to myself. But when they come down i try to welcome them.
Yesterday Lily wanted Payton to come play. So i said maybe today. So they came over and i got Bella to come too. 4 is better, that way no-one is left out. So they came over and had lots of fun. I made tea and cookies. We got them all dressed up. Even Payton wanted to dress up and he is a boy. He wanted to wear Lily's Areil costume. He dressed up like snow white. It was cute i will post their picture later.
I was worried about my house cause when i saw theirs it was so organized and neat and smelled good. Me i am not organized and our house smells sometimes because of our animals and the toys are every where. So i talked to God last night cause i was so worried about how they would see me. I cleaned really good this morning and made it smell somewhat good. I talked to God the whole time, He kept saying "It isnt important how they see you just how I see you". So that had me feel better.Then when Paytons mom came the first thing she said was oh i like your house, it smells good. It is so kid friendly. They both loved all the pictures that i had up of the girls and us. They wished they had more pictures too. So i felt good. We all have our shortcomings and our strengths in different areas and preferances and that is ok i found out today.
I feel good. Doing this play date today with them coming over made me feel better about my self and myself as a parent. Praise be to God. I dont think i would be feeling like this with out Him. I would probably be analyzing everything that happened like i usually do. But i am not. And that could not have happened if He was not involved.
I have always been wary of neighborhood cliques and also in school i was the same way. But I have also wanted to be involve in them also. More so now lately since i miss family get togethers and realize more now in my age (hahaha) how important it is to have a family of some sort or other. The girls love their new friends. Payton, Bella, Becky and sometimes a couple of other kids. The parent are great. They are nice and open their homes and yards up for the kids to play. Share all their food. And pretty much easy to talk to.
Now i get wary cause i am not used to having kids comeing over all the time and i am someone who very much likes my own space. Frank is the same way. Like i feel wierd just going over to their yards when we see them out playing but the girls want to go see them. So i always ask is it ok if we come here and play? They are always welcoming and it is just great. I ask myself why am i not like this? But i have always been more shy and to myself. But when they come down i try to welcome them.
Yesterday Lily wanted Payton to come play. So i said maybe today. So they came over and i got Bella to come too. 4 is better, that way no-one is left out. So they came over and had lots of fun. I made tea and cookies. We got them all dressed up. Even Payton wanted to dress up and he is a boy. He wanted to wear Lily's Areil costume. He dressed up like snow white. It was cute i will post their picture later.
I was worried about my house cause when i saw theirs it was so organized and neat and smelled good. Me i am not organized and our house smells sometimes because of our animals and the toys are every where. So i talked to God last night cause i was so worried about how they would see me. I cleaned really good this morning and made it smell somewhat good. I talked to God the whole time, He kept saying "It isnt important how they see you just how I see you". So that had me feel better.Then when Paytons mom came the first thing she said was oh i like your house, it smells good. It is so kid friendly. They both loved all the pictures that i had up of the girls and us. They wished they had more pictures too. So i felt good. We all have our shortcomings and our strengths in different areas and preferances and that is ok i found out today.
I feel good. Doing this play date today with them coming over made me feel better about my self and myself as a parent. Praise be to God. I dont think i would be feeling like this with out Him. I would probably be analyzing everything that happened like i usually do. But i am not. And that could not have happened if He was not involved.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home