Frank bearing with the heat

Frank makes me so proud. I miss him so much but when i get to talk to him over the internet it makes me feel closer to him. It is hard being so far away from each other. We are connected but not physically. We cant hug him when we need a hug. There is nothing like a daddy's hug for our little girls. It makes me sad sometimes when i see others with there husband's and daddy's and we dont have ours. Do they know how precious it is to have theirs with them all the time. It is easier since we are with family. We get papa's great bear hugs and Nana's comforting cuddles and hugs. But it still isnt the same.
Frank is doing really well over there. He doesnt go out on raids or anything. Even thought i know he wants to. But he does get to get out of the FOB (forwarding operating base) fairly often since he leads the recovery team. He says he has to get out at least once a week or he will go crazy. I understand. I worry but not that much. He is a great soldier and i know that God is with him.
It is getting really hot over there. 120 degrees out. Ouch. Can you imagine being in that heat? He says it feels like an oven. Last night he told me 110 degrees is bearable. I dont think it would be for me. But we have been in that heat with the heat index in Kansas. But i dont think in Iraq they take the heat index into it. Frank said the people over there are used to it. Plus they get to wear like dresses and not all the equiptment the soldiers have to wear. He has gotten alot stronger since being over there from wearing all the equipment. I keep asking him if he has been working out and he says no. It makes sence that he has gotten stronger though since all the equipment he carries can weigh over 30lbs.
He just reinlisted again over there. We actually got a bonus this time. We havent for the past 2 times he inlisted. Now he is schedualed to get out in i think 2009. I think. I have to double check. Not that we will be getting out of the army. He is in it for life. Which is fine with me. I just wish we could stay in Washington in our house that we love for all of it. But we know that isnt how the army works.
I am very proud of him. I am proud to be his wife and to have and take care of his children. I am proud that he loves to serve our country the way he does with his whole heart. To sacrifice his time with us to go and help others. I love him. And i know that him being over there will make us a stronger family. This is just one of our many trials we have to go through. We will make it through this one like we have the others because we have God to guide us and show us the way. It is HIM we trust to get us throught this. And it is HIM who will make it happen even if it is hard.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home